Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can someone explain the bit coin thing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cpunoob

cpunoob

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

how its earned, and why its worth what its worth?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerboy92

computerboy92

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

my friend said it s online money he has 1 million coins

#3 Conder

Conder

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency (or digital currency, simplified but less accurate). It can be earned only through mining (like all other cryptocurrencies), but Bitcoin mining nowadays requirers enormous computing power (ASIC miners) to be profitable, due to high number of miners (and thus high difficulty). So the only available option to get Bitcoin is to buy Bitcoin for real money. You can read more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies on Wikipedia or try googling "bitcoin explained" and you will find everything you want. And the price, its just the market value.

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

1 bit coin is worth 9184.00 US Dollar's, Your friend is worth close to 10 billion us dollars, that would put him in the top 10% of the worlds richest people.

Even if it were true I would love to see him try and sell a million coins.

#5 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

How about the bit mining goodies latched on like ghost spiders to people's systems, toys, boxes etc. viewing movies eh? any takers hahahahaa!

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#6 t3dus

t3dus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

:hysterical:

Edited by t3dus, 14 February 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#7 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

Investment for the ignorant and stupid. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I have yet to see anyone show me anything anywhere that they bought using Bitcoin or actual money in hand made from Bitcoin.

The only ones I see making money are the computer graphics card and memory manufacturers who sell high powered computer parts to the people doing the mining.

Edited by The-Toolman, 22 March 2018 - 09:16 AM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

It's all very well having bitcoins in a bitcoin wallet.

Just try converting them to cash - good luck with that.

So volatile, they could be worth nothing tomorrow.

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

This makes me nervous.

Jack Dorsey expects bitcoin to become the world's 'single currency' in about 10 years

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/21/jack-dorsey-expects-bitcoin-to-become-the-worlds-single-currency-in-about-10-years.html
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#10 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Nothing supersedes cash money except a 45 ACP. :thumbup2:

If you haven't invested in Bitcoin why are you concerned or worried. :scratchhead:

I don't see it happening in my lifetime. :nono:

Edited by The-Toolman, 23 March 2018 - 09:00 AM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#11 jayshi19

jayshi19

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency and payment method which was invented by a mysterious figure, Satoshi Nakamoto. Bitcoin is truly decentralized, open-source and uses the concept of Peer-to-Peer exchange. This means that users can exchange bitcoins and make transactions without any central system, middleman or intermediary..

an initial coin offering is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ico campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin. but one should choose icos to invest carefully, it's better to search the web for best ico review, they can give you crear info about the things..

#12 The-Administrater

The-Administrater

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:09 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency (or digital currency, simplified but less accurate). It can be earned only through mining (like all other cryptocurrencies), but Bitcoin mining nowadays requirers enormous computing power (ASIC miners) to be profitable, due to high number of miners (and thus high difficulty). So the only available option to get Bitcoin is to buy Bitcoin for real money. You can read more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies on Wikipedia or try googling "bitcoin explained" and you will find everything you want. And the price, its just the market value.

So why doesnt NASA use their supercomputers to help fund all that Martian stuff?. Likewise the USAF to buy more fighter planes etc. 

#13 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

Crypto currency reminds me of The dot-com bubble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users