Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4 Beeps in Dell Studio Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fairy71tail

fairy71tail

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

So Guys I've been experiencing a horrifying situation right now.... I've noticed that my Dell Studio Laptop is not working right. There are some days that my laptop won't turn on and beeps 4 times. Tried to deattached the battery and unplug the charger and putting them again and it works fine... not until it happens again.... searched for many times but it doesn't help me. There's also one time that i waited for the beep to stop and it shutdowns and when i turn it on again it is working fine.. but im not really relaxed right now because it aint answer my question why it happens so can anybody help me? sorry im bad at typing and in english :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

Dell beep code indicates failing ram, once replaced all should be fine.

Reference chart:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln293445/understanding-beep-codes-on-a-dell-desktop-pc?lang=en

While you are changing it consider up grading for a performance boost!

Edited by OldPhil, 02 February 2018 - 09:33 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users