Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power outage caused problems to my pc [disappeared accounts]

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Adzkii

Adzkii

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

so today I had power outage and my pc wasn't shut down properly, I turned the pc back on, I get through the loading screen etc.. when I get too the logon screen, all my accounts disappeared, I can no longer login. I had two accounts one was standard and other was my main administrator account. Both disappeared. I tried booting into my recovery disk to do chkdsk and SFC scans but both of em some how never caught the problem. I have no idea what to do. Now all I see is a wallpaper and windows text at the bottom.

I don't have any restore points, that's the thing. Please any other suggestion, I'm sure people have had this issue n solved it

chkdsk not sure why but whenever I try to run that command on my recovery cd, the process flies through to the end with a error "log cannot be saved status 50"

SFC just keeps giving me "repair is already pending, please restart" but I don't see no repair when I restart it

Windows 7 64BIT
cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Firstly, remove the power adapter/cord and battery if a laptop and it's easily accessible. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and power adapter/cord. Reboot.

Where you see Wallpaper does Ctrl + Alt + Del bring up the option to start Task Manager? If it does then in Task Manager select File > New Task Run > Explorer.exe. Does this bring up your icons?

What is the make and model of the computer? I assume you will be needed data from the computer. Do you have access to another computer?

#3 Adzkii

Adzkii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:53 AM

On the logon screen, no nothings popping up after doing ctrl alt delete

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

Does tapping F8 at boot give you the Advanced Boot Options. If yes select Use Last Known Configuration.  If that fails does Safe Mode work?

#5 Adzkii

Adzkii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

I tried in safe mode, still not showing my accounts on the logon screen also tried last known configuration couple times.

#6 Adzkii

Adzkii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

wow surprised, only one unexpected shutdown caused such problem

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

Tap F8 and at the Advanced Boot Options select Repair Computer. Do a Startup Repair. It may take up to three attempts. If that fails you can do a System Restore if you have a Restore Point just before the problem. 

If not of the above work I would access the command prompt and do a chkdsk /f but only after recovering your data as doing a chkdsk can make recovery worse in certain cases.

#8 Adzkii

Adzkii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

I don't have any restore points. chkdsk just gives me a status 50 log error and SFC command keeps saying repair is pending please restart, but there's no repairs when I reboot. i did the start up repair but no outcome, did about 5th time

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

Is there any personal data that needs to be recovered? You have access to another computer, correct?

#10 Adzkii

Adzkii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

someone had the similar problem to mine, he fixed it by moving the hardrive to another working computer and doing scheduled chkdsk and some other repairs

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

You can try that if you wish but I would recommend you pull your personal data first. You may need to reinstall the OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users