Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer keeps locking out

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TabeSoul

TabeSoul

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

I've been putting up with my pc locking out every now and then, usually when i'm doing more then 1 thing or doing multiple thing at a fast pace. when ever it happens my task manager shows this: active time is 100%, average response time 0ms, read speed 0KB/s, write speed 0KB/s. and that happens to other drives as well, i have 2 hdd (1 5yrs other <yr) and 1 ssd (5yrs). my windows is on my newest hdd

i have run 'chkdsk' but found nothing wrong

I'll provide any info i can to help solve this problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

Hello TabeSoul,

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

#3 TabeSoul

TabeSoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

here's the info from speccy

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ePbjOpb5bMTFftsSnQ7x37k

#4 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Couple of things of note in Speccy that may or may not be the cause of your issue/s, they do 100% need to be taken care of;

Antivirus
Windows Defender
Antivirus: Disabled
Virus Signature Database: Up to date
IObit Malware Fighter
Antivirus: Disabled
AVG Internet Security
Antivirus: Enabled

Having more than one AV installed on your computer is bad, it will slow down the computer, cause internet connection problems and leave you with no AV protection at all if they cancel each other out as they fight for resources.

You will not find any Iobit programs endorsed on any reputable forums, they are at best a gimmick and at worse a danger to your computer, their AV got 2 out of 5 stars here where it failed miserably when tested.

Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 come with an improved Windows Defender, it offers the same real-time anti-virus/anti-malware protection as Microsoft Security Essentials. Windows Defender also shares the same malware signature definitions as Microsoft Security Essentials, and Forefront Endpoint Protection. Technically, Microsoft Security Essentials has not been renamed Windows Defender, or combined with it in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. 

If any AV product that you have is a paid for version you should always make sure that you have a copy of the product key kept somewhere safe just in case you ever wish to reinstall it.

There is no removal tool for iobit malware fighter so you will just have to hope that uninstalling it through Windows gets rid of the pesky stuff.

How to uninstall AVG here

You have two different video cards in the MB, can I ask why as they cannot be used in Sli + you will have conflicting drivers loading - physically remove from the motherboard the video card that you are not using, most likely the GT 730 as the GTX 1050 Ti is a far better card.

Partition 0
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #0
Disk Letter: F:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: C80EA3B2
Size: 931 GB
Used Space: 870 GB (93%)
Free Space: 61 GB (7%)

To avoid data corruption you should always keep at least 10% of a HDDs overall storage capacity available as free storage on data only drives, a C: drive where Windows lives should not be allowed to go below 20% but ideally no less than 25%.

#5 TabeSoul

TabeSoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

thanks for the reply. I will uninstall malware fighter but i'm going to keep AVG 'cus its been paid for. i have 2 GCards in atm 'cus i don't have an adaptor for my avi cable yet (2nd screen). i am always trying to lessen the amount of space i use but its at the lowest right now..

i will let you know if this helps at all

#6 TabeSoul

TabeSoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

dont know if it will help but when ever i boot up my pc System will use 100% of Active time for about 5 mins maybe more, and the only thing thats 'spost to be on start up is AVG

#7 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 378 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

AVG is a known resource hog and not as good an AV as it once was, uninstall all Iobit software and test, if no change, temporarily uninstall AVG for testing purposes,as post above, make a note of any product keys so that you can reinstall later if you wish.

If any AV product that you have is a paid for version you should always make sure that you have a copy of the product key kept somewhere safe just in case you ever wish to reinstall it.

dont know if it will help but when ever i boot up my pc System will use 100% of Active time for about 5 mins maybe more, and the only thing thats 'spost to be on start up is AVG

Having two different GPUs fitted will not help because as said Windows has to load two sets of drivers, if you look at your Speccy results you will notice that the three AVs installed on your computer are all up to date, this because they have checked for updates and they cannot do that without being active at the same time as one of the other AVs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users