Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet for PDF Journal Articles?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skypilotpete

skypilotpete

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

I wish to purchase a tablet for reading (and annotating) academic journal articles in PDF format. I would like some advice on the MINIMUM screen size for comfortable viewing, and also the IDEAL screen size.

I currently have an older Samsung Galaxy 7.7 in tablet, and that is too small for my needs.

Operating System: preferably Android

Price Range: Up to $400 Australian

I am considering a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" WiFi only, which retails at a local store for AU$329, but I'm not sure if this is big enough for comfortable full page journal article viewing.

There is also a cheaper 10 inch Lenovo tablet in the store, but I have no experience of this manufacturer.

I hope someone here has direct experience in this area.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:39 AM

Minimum screen size, and ideal screen size are both very subjective topics. What works best for someone else, may not work for you.

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be biggest tablet available that is popular. There are tablets with 20"+ screens but that's roughly the size of a computer monitor - but I'm not aware of any mainstream brand that manufactures them. Lenovo is a good, I have no personal experience with their tablet line, but if they're anything like their Laptops they should be okay.

Go to the store and see if you can get your hands on it. They likely have a display model, or wouldn't mind taking it out of the box to show it to you.

Edited by C0bra, 01 February 2018 - 07:40 AM.

IT Service Technician - Computer Gamer - iPhone Expert 

nIDwkQT.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users