Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Try to get a driver download or help for a device from a manufacturer!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 malchico

malchico

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

At times I have spent a total of hours trying to get a driver download or some help from a company for a problem with computer hardware.

I moved a HP printer into the other room and it will not print from the other computer. I always loose install CDs so it's my fault, but I should be able to get 

drivers from net. Not so. Even HP drivers.com won't get me a a HP driver. All I get is an unending list of people selling every kind of software there is. I was tired from 

over and over trying to download an HP driver and wound up with Driver Update and Driver Support on my computer. I still have to send print to other room.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:11 AM

I have always found that HP drivers are easy to locate on their website, and equally easy to download.

However I am not convinced that "HP-drivers.com" is a genuine HP website & suggest you try "https:/support.hp.com/us-en/drivers" which is the HP site.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

I have always found that HP drivers are easy to locate on their website, and equally easy to download.

However I am not convinced that "HP-drivers.com" is a genuine HP website & suggest you try "https:/support.hp.com/us-en/drivers" which is the HP site.

Ditto.

I have never found any other company to have more comprehensive, and easy to locate, support information for virtually any machine or peripheral they've ever produced than HP does.  It's one of the few companies where I can reliably count on finding the actual service manual for many devices in their support pages when I need one.

Also, if one starts one's search at hp.com you will always make your way to the official HP location for your given device, which will be under support.hp.com somewhere.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Here is a link to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.  You should be able to get drivers from there.

#5 malchico

malchico
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

I clicked on that link and went right to the site and downloaded the drivers. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users