Here are screen:
Jump to content
Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:48 PM
Here are screen:
Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:45 PM
Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:52 PM
Any ideas why my 8700K ( auto OC from UEFI 4700MHZ ) throwing errors WHEA-LOGGER in event viewer on Windows 10 Creators Update FALL only in build 16299.15 ? ( this just before spectre/meltdown )
I updated system to 16299.214 (
and no errors so far. I know that microcode was updated but still that shouldnt happen?
Any help really appreciate it.
UEFI BIOS stock default.
Edited by sew333, 04 February 2018 - 03:56 PM.
Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:13 AM
If this isn't related to Meltdown/Spectre you should run a scan with Memtest86. The Event ID 19 is usually related to your RAM.
1) Please download the Memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO file.
2) Unzip the downloaded memtest86 file. You will need a program like 7-Zip to unzip this file.
3) Instructions for using the 7-Zip can be see in the video below.
4) Inside, you will find the memtest86 file.
5) Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
6) After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
7) When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
8) You will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
9) A green progress bar will appear, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
10) After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
11) Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.
Please note: It may be necessary to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd second.
Each pass consists of 8 tests, it is suggested that you run at least 7 passes, this will take several hours, you may find it simpler to let it run overnight. The longer you run the passes the more comprehensive the results will be.
If you are running multiple modules and have a failure, remove all but one module and test it separately, continue this with each module till you find the one that failed.
When you discern that a module is good, use it to test each slot to be sure there isn't a problem with one of them.
When the test is complete a display will appear, note the locations of the Pass and Errors, any Error is indicative of a failed module.
Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. You never know when one will leave you.
Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:16 PM
I run memtest86 and ihcmemtest and no errors. WHEA-ERRORS was in 16299.15 build.
Errors starts showing on IDLE in event logs in 3 a.m and finished at 3 at noon this day.
Then i update to 16299.192 build and then to 16299.214 build fine , no WHEA-LOGGER .
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users