Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8700K. Saw WHEA LOGGER entries 19.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sew333

sew333

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

Hi. Today i checked my event viewer and found some weird errors in 21.01.2018 :

System Warning 21/01/2018
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error 

Here are screen:

Here are screen:

image.jpg

Its only in 21.01.2018 day. I remember that system was idle in night this time.

Ok my pc:
8700K stock, MTU on, 4700mhz auto
Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP )
Corsair 750i
SSD Crucial 525GB
HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update

Temps of cpu fine,temps of gpu fine. Never had any single BSOD. Memtest86 no errors. All benchmarks passing, no crashing in games

. Only saw that error in event viewer which make think that is still with cpu or rams or mobo or psu?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

This is most likely related to the Meltdown/Spectre updates that were installed. Do you have update KB4056892 installed?

What about KB4078130?

#3 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Where i can check this?

#4 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Any ideas why my 8700K ( auto OC from UEFI 4700MHZ ) throwing errors WHEA-LOGGER in event viewer on Windows 10 Creators Update FALL only in build 16299.15 ? ( this just before spectre/meltdown )

I updated system to 16299.214 ( 

KB4058258)

and no errors so far. I know that microcode was updated but still that shouldnt happen?
Any help really appreciate it.
UEFI BIOS stock default.

Edited by sew333, 04 February 2018 - 03:56 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

If this isn't related to Meltdown/Spectre you should run a scan with Memtest86.  The Event ID 19 is usually related to your RAM.

Memtest86

Memtest85 v7

1)  Please download the Memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO file.

2)  Unzip the downloaded memtest86 file.  You will need a program like 7-Zip to unzip this file.

3) Instructions for using the 7-Zip can be see in the video below.

4)  Inside, you will find the memtest86 file.

5)  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

6)  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

7)  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

8)  You will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

9)  A green progress bar will appear, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

10)  After the image has completed being burned click on Close.

11) Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.  

Please note:  It may be necessary to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd second.

Each pass consists of 8 tests, it is suggested that you run at least 7 passes, this will take several hours, you may find it simpler to let it run overnight.  The longer you run the passes the more comprehensive the results will be.

If you are running multiple modules and have a failure, remove all but one module and test it separately, continue this with each module till you find the one that failed.  

When you discern that a module is good, use it to test each slot to be sure there isn't a problem with one of them.

When the test is complete a display will appear, note the locations of the Pass and Errors, any Error is indicative of a failed module.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

I run memtest86 and ihcmemtest and no errors. WHEA-ERRORS was in 16299.15 build. 

Errors starts showing on IDLE in event logs in 3 a.m and finished at 3 at noon this day.

Then i update to 16299.192 build and then to 16299.214 build fine , no WHEA-LOGGER .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users