Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Computer Crashes, usually happen when browsing with Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bennyb98

bennyb98

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Greetings!

I am new to the forum so I hope this is the correct place to post.  I am having a issue with my HP 15-ba042nr laptop.  I am having a problem with the computer randomly turning off and restarting with no BSOD or any warning signs at all.  Just blank screen and then a restart.  I have noticed it only usually happens when I am browsing the net on either Firefox or Chrome.  I have looked into the Windows Event Logs but have limited knowledge of what to look for except I have found that each time it happens I have a Critical error that resolves Kernal Power and a note along the lines that the "The system was rebooted without cleanly shutting down"

Is there any time of log I can look at or see what is going on and causing these crashes?  There are several events in the logs surrounding the Critical errors that happen with the reboots but to be honest I can't make heads or tales out of the notes. 

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

P.S. Even if your computer isn't blue screening, please still do the above.

Edited by bwv848, 31 January 2018 - 10:10 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 bennyb98

bennyb98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/EKJJwjYdIz6IVEmHgpL5uEp

Hope this helps and I did this right!  Thank you for your help!

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:41 AM

There's not much info to pursue unfortunately. But I did notice these disk errors in the System Event Log from several months ago.

Event[34999]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2017-11-08T07:03:09.862
  Event ID: 11
  Task: N/A
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: GRY-PC
  Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.
Event[29083]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2017-11-19T17:55:47.194
  Event ID: 51
  Task: N/A
  Level: Warning
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: GRY-PC
  Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR7 during a paging operation.
Thus can you run SeaTools for Windows (all tests except any "fix" option) as the first troubleshooting step- http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/202435en
Also please run MemTest86 (eight passes) - http://carrona.org/memdiag.html

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users