Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server choice and setup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chris1977

Chris1977

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

Hi everyone! 

I'm new here and I hope I'm even in the right part of the forum. Should that not be the case I would ask you to please forward me to the right one. 

I am a teacher who is simply sick and tired of the old ways of teaching and hitting the same old walls over and over again. I want to reach more people and am therefore in the process of creating proper educational videos that I would like to sell online globally. 

I don't want to upload my videos to some platform. (I do realize there are very good and expensive hosting services available!) I have enough technical knowledge to set up the website with wordpress ect. 

Ok, so here it goes: 

Is it difficult to set up a server at home for my 20 - 30 odd videos (no more than 720p quality and 1 hr long)? 1 TB of space would do it, no? As far as I know I would have to leave it on all the time (no problem). And that's just about all I know about servers. However, I am keen to add on to my knowledge! I love learning after all. 

Which equipment would I have to buy and how would I set it all up? I would want to connect it to my Win7 HP Computer. 

Thank you loads!!! 

Chris

Edited by Chris1977, 31 January 2018 - 12:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users