Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD worsened w/forced Windows 10 Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bogden95

bogden95

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

I purchased this Samsung laptop "open box" from Best Buy and every few months I drag it out to try to get it to run. From the get go it had the looping auto repair issue, apparently the OS that was put on by the professionals was a mishmash of several versions. Got a Win8 from Samsung and got past the first issues, but the random BSOD made it useless. Two month old HP Pavilion had bad hard drive, so brought the Samsung out to attach the HP drive and try a data recovery before sending it in to HP. In the middle of that, MS was kind enough to force Fall update 5 days early, basically killing any hope of the HP hard drive recovery (but I digress). The update to the Samsung, though, seemed to bring about a host of additional issues. I tried to do a System Restore back but it just hung on initializing.

After the update, the Syn. touchpad started getting jumpy, Alt Tab no longer works to switch between windows. Recycle bin disappeared although I did resurrect it. Within 12 hours the Window icon on the task bar, when mouse pointing to click it, would fade as soon as the pointer got to it, but will never activate. I installed Avast to make sure no virus, but deleted it to be able to get the necessary files to attach here. I'd list all the stopcodes but they aren't always the same. 

Earlier I ran sfc /scannow, a chkdsk, dism...health, HD Sentinel which said the drive was "great". After the touchpad,keyboard went wonky I didn't want to run anything else until I checked in as I don't want to make it worse. (Device manager says no problems, memory tests say ok but I am going to run the recommended ones you mentioned as soon as this is posted.) The keyboard/touchpad seemed to be better/possibly fixed in safe mode. Thank you for any tips. I also don't know if this could possibly be related to the patches that affect AMD as well as Intel, but the timing is suspect I guess for the Win update.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/k7dqVCUSLVh1dwilqCnUjxM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Hi Bogden95. Your average CPU temp is 100 degrees which is way too hot. You can try to blow out the fans of dust and see if that helps. The bios dated back to 2013 so drivers are probably out of date. There may be updates available at the manufacturer's website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users