Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Key Active Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 chieutan

chieutan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

Sorry anyone.

I have a damaged mainboard laptop. Present, Fixed but lost the key windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Do you have a good heart for some key to active windows in Laptop Dell, Please!. Thank You!

Edited by chieutan, 30 January 2018 - 11:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

You do not need one. It is already in your laptop.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 axe0

axe0

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:45 AM

Hi chieutan,

If you had one of the latest versions of Windows 10 installed, you have a digital license that is linked to your Microsoft account (if you logged in with your Microsoft account).

This means that you should be able to reinstall Windows 10, note the edition (Home, Pro, Education, etc.), log in with your Microsoft account and activate without entering a key.

Kind regards,
Axe0

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

Hi chieutan,

If you had one of the latest versions of Windows 10 installed, you have a digital license that is linked to your Microsoft account (if you logged in with your Microsoft account).

This means that you should be able to reinstall Windows 10, note the edition (Home, Pro, Education, etc.), log in with your Microsoft account and activate without entering a key.

This is not true of just "the latest versions" of Windows 10 but of ALL versions of Windows 10.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 axe0

axe0

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

From what I know, all builds, as of the anniversary update, have a digital license linked to the Microsoft account. Any build before that have a digital license NOT linked to Microsoft account.

Difference, only with a license linked to Microsoft account the motherboard can be replaced without activation problems.
Kind regards,
Axe0

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

From what I know, all builds, as of the anniversary update, have a digital license linked to the Microsoft account. Any build before that have a digital license NOT linked to Microsoft account.

Difference, only with a license linked to Microsoft account the motherboard can be replaced without activation problems.

This is not true. I have been a beta user of Windows 10 since Feb. 2015, and the digital license has always been a major part of the OS structure.

Either way, I feel that the OP was just fishing for some illegal license so it is best to avoid helping him too much.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 31 January 2018 - 07:06 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

If you change out your motherboard, and you do not have a Microsoft account linked to that pc then you do loose your digital license.

Your best legal option is to buy a version of Windows10 from a registered Windows retailer

#8 axe0

axe0

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

Again, the part where you can link your license to your Microsoft account is here since the anniversary.

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Kind regards,
Axe0

#9 axe0

axe0

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

Again, the part where you can link your license to your Microsoft account is here since the anniversary.

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. [/size]

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change
Kind regards,
Axe0

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,651 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. [/size]

This the first I have heard of being able to change your MB on an OEM version of Windows and still have the OS activate. This is for OEM versions also or only Retail?

Edited by JohnC_21, 31 January 2018 - 08:27 AM.

#11 axe0

axe0

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

According to the answer from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/windows-10-oem-changed-to-digital-license/e0085acc-c0db-4ae8-af8f-6b8e6e2ea2f3, it's not possible with OEM. Though, I've never seen a system with OEM activation need to transfer it.
Kind regards,
Axe0

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,651 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

I have heard where Microsoft will transfer the license on an OEM computer with a new MB if you call and nicely explain the reason for the MB change.

#13 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

You are right but there was no indication that the OP had changed out his motherboard.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,651 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

You are right but there was no indication that the OP had changed out his motherboard.

I got the impression the OP changed out the motherboard when they said "damaged mainboard laptop" but I could be wrong.

#15 axe0

axe0

• 189 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

I have heard where Microsoft will transfer the license on an OEM computer with a new MB if you call and nicely explain the reason for the MB change.

Indeed, but that shouldn't be necessary. A laptop where the motherboard is replaced should get a new motherboard with a OEM already flashed AFAIK. (Unless it has changed in the years)

I have a damaged mainboard laptop. Present, Fixed

Damaged mainboard in the laptop can only be fixed by replacement.
Kind regards,
Axe0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users