Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Hi, when i turn on my pc, i see the power light come on but the it seems to lose power. I then tried again and this time i hear a beep, short silence then beep again until i turn it off. I try again, get to the window splash sign then it no power. I tried again and it booted to my desktop. I have to go through various stages of this until i get to my desktop. Any ideas if this is the power supply or hard drive?

thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

Hello bruinator,

Something could be loose inside, are you comfortable with working inside of a computer.

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the RAM (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) - the old one and the replacement) providing these details will enable us to better assist you. 

#3 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Was bad hdd.

Edited by hamluis, 30 January 2018 - 07:04 PM.

#4 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

Sorry to hear that but thanks for letting us know  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users