Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win8.1 Updated and Am Now Getting a Watchdog Violation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pattiecake1

Pattiecake1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

I am also having the same problem. After the update, the watchdog blue screen kept appearing. I know nothing about computers or how they work, so I took it to two different repairmen...and neither fixed the problem. $$ down the drain. Okay, so I decided to search more on google and found that a firmware update might fix the problem. I did that and it got better but still not fixed completely. So, I bought a new router. After connecting it, my computer worked perfectly for one day. Now, I'm right back to getting the error screen again.]

I read about UNinstalling the update. My problem is when I go to programs and features and click view installed updates, there are 11 of them! I think the one I need to uninstall is the one that occurred on 1-9-18. But, there are more that occurred on 1-10-18, and 1-12-18. Should I risk uninstalling the one on 1-9? I'm to the point I don't know what to do. Please help me if you can.

Edited by britechguy, 30 January 2018 - 10:01 AM.
Split to separate topic for different member and machine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

Type [control] in the Run box, then click/tap on OK, this will open the Control Panel.

Click/tap on Programs and Features.

In the upper left portion of the screen click/tap on View install updates.

Please either make a Screen Shot of the updates or use the Snipping tool to create a image.

How to make a screenshot and post it in your topic

Press the Print Screen to capture its image.

Open Paint and click/tap on Paste

Click/tap on File and select Save as, add a name for the file.

You can use the instructions below to post either of the two types of images.

How to post an image in your topic

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Pattiecake1

Pattiecake1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Thank you for getting back to me. However, after three repairmen and mega wasted bucks, I bought a new computer and started from scratch. I should have done that to begin with. Live and learn. At least now I have a back up computer since I had the last repair guy strip the old one. Hopefully, that will prevent me from being without a working computer the next time something like this happens.

Again, thank you so, so much for responding and trying to help me.

~Pattie

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

It's unfortunate you didn't have time for us to see if we could help your resolve this, but you now have a new computer which you should enjoy.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 StressInducer

StressInducer

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

If you had uninstalled this update KB4056895 you would have been back up and running. It done the same thing to mine. It does not want to play with older AMD processors.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

If you had uninstalled this update KB4056895 you would have been back up and running. It done the same thing to mine. It does not want to play with older AMD processors.

Microsoft has already addressed this issue and has an update which resolves this issue.

Windows 10 Meltdown-Spectre patch: New updates bring fix for unbootable AMD PCs | ZDNet

Microsoft Update Catalog

Edited by dc3, 21 February 2018 - 09:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users