Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Odin. Can't see downloaded file.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wavemaker

wavemaker

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Gooday all. I have a Sony Vaio laptop running a clean install of stock firmware and win7 64 bit. I am using Odin to flash a new rom to my Samsung SM-N910G phone. Iv'e done this before quite successfully with other phones,tablets etc. However this time I am having really frustrating difficulties. I have downloaded TWRP for the phone and I can see the file clearly in my docs. I take note of the file path. When I open Odin and click the ap button, I should be able to see the downloaded file, select it and press go. Trouble is I cant see the file in the noted location, or anywhere else for that matter. I know this is not an Odin problem, it's something to do with how my windows 7 is presenting the files. I had a similar problem quite a while back, talking years not months here, but don't remember what the fix was. Any help most gratefully accepted.

When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn Pro. (H.S.T.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,222 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

The only thing that comes to my mind straight off is that some flashing utilities recognize capitalization in filenames, whereas Windows may disregard capitalization. Something to try is copy the file to your user folder and re-name it to an interim name. Go to a command prompt, which will open in that folder,  and rename the file to the correct name using all upper case. See if Odin sees that file.

If unfamiliar with Command Line re-naming, type:

REN interim.name CORRECT.NAME

Edited by Platypus, 29 January 2018 - 11:36 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 wavemaker

wavemaker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Thank you O Trusty monotreme. I'll give that a whirl.

When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn Pro. (H.S.T.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users