Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hanging when Gaming/Steaming/Doing lots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SirGuppy

SirGuppy

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Hey guys, 

So pc is hanging whenever I game or do a lot of things all at the same time. 

Examples:

- Playing

• League of Legends 
  • Fallout 4
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Trackmania Canyon

-Prime 95

-OCCT Linpak CPU test

-OCCT CPU test

I've run memtest and there were no errors. no psu errors on OCCT, ran Video Memory Stress Test and it failed, Fumark ran for 22 minutes (with a nvidia gtx 960) before hangin, but temp stabilised around 68 degrees celsius. I swapped out the GTX 960 for an AMD HD 6870 and it still continued to hang.

Was refered here by usasma over in Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support, here is the link to that https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667754/pc-hangs-after-high-gpu-load/?p=4421723 (all the results of the tests are over there too)

Here is my setup https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QXstm8

There are also some sound issues, where the sound card was crackly, but when I removed it to put the HD 6870 in after putting it back the sound card wasn't recognized, and the mobo sound also doesn't work, all you hear is crackling (mobo drivers have been updated)

I'm super confused at this point, hoping you guys can give me a hand. Thanks muchly!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

So basically the only components not tested are the HDDs, SSD and the Motherboard?

Have you tried running your cards in any of the other PCIe ports to see if the issue continues? Can you try your graphics card in a known good PC? My initial fear is that the motherboard is going bad.

Edited by C0bra, 29 January 2018 - 04:40 PM.

| IT Service Tech | A+ Certified | Computer Gamer | iPhone Expert |

nIDwkQT.gif

#3 SirGuppy

SirGuppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Sorry, I did test the HDDs with the Seagate Seatools for Windows option, and they both passed. Don't know how to test the SSD. 

The HD 6870 went in a different port than the GTX 960 (both hanged). As far as I know the GPUs work fine, the HD6870 was used but the guy just upgraded, had no problems with it. Same with the 960

#4 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

CrystalDisk is my SSD test of choice.

To me it sounds like the motherboard is on it's way out. If your RAM is fine, and the GPU functions okay in a known-good PC then that would be my guess. I can let others chime in too, it's not a terrible idea to have a second opinion when it comes to a motherboard. Especially since finding one to test your components with is nearly impossible.

Edited by C0bra, 29 January 2018 - 05:07 PM.

| IT Service Tech | A+ Certified | Computer Gamer | iPhone Expert |

nIDwkQT.gif

#5 SirGuppy

SirGuppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Okay so Crsytal Disk said the SSD was fine, I'll see if I can check my GPU in my roommate's PC just to be sure. Will start looking, will wait for a second opinion to buy though. Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users