Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So i faced State Repository Service bug in fresh installed Windows 10 only

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sew333

sew333

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Hello. My cpu 8700K ,16GD DDR GSKILL XMP ( 3000mhz )
2 disks: SSD Crucial 525 GB MX300, HDD TOSHIBA 500GB 7200RP
I downloaded from microsoft Windows 10 and make bootable iso in Pendrive Kingston Data Traveler.
During install i format SSD and HDD. I choose to install Windows 10 to SSD.
After installed Windows 10
I faced this issue:

http://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2017/11/high-cpu-usage-with-state-repository-service-in-windows-10-fall-creators-update.html

My Windows 10 computer has became slow after cleaned install of Fall Creators. When I load some website in Edge and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps freezing. I notice that state repository service takes about 100% resources of CPU usage. It happens while I connect it to internet via ethernet network. Then I open the Immersive control panel or Settings app and click on any link, the same problem appears, no matter using Microsoft or local account.

After 2-3 restarts issue gone. But i tried to reproduce this issue and i format disk again and installed Win 10 again from pendrive. But this time all was fine.
And my question is. Why after second format and second clean install Windows 10 i dont had this issue? Thank you for explanation. Cheers
From what i read from internet problem is reproducable. I met peoples that they reproduce issue by each fresh install on formatted partition. So why i cant?

Edited by hamluis, 31 January 2018 - 03:54 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 achillesjohn

achillesjohn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

The main reasons of State Repository Service is it is taking High CPU usage and not working perfectly the Windows EDGE browser. Hopefully, you can solve the issues by disabling the service. Do you know how to stop it? Do the below step.

1. Open System Configuration of your Computer by Typing MSConfig on the RUN.
  2. Now go to Service Tab.
  3. FInd out State Repository Service here. Now select it and Disable it from the below options.
  4. Restart the PC.

The problem is solved. Check the Task Manager and SPS is not taking any CPU or Disk Usage. If you think you need to see the steps with screenshots, then you can try this tutorial. Hopefully, you will get the solution. Thanks again.  :guitar: 

#3 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Hello. My cpu 8700K 16GD DDR 4 GSKILL XMP ( 3000mhz )

2 disks: SSD Crucial 525 GB MX300, HDD TOSHIBA 500GB 7200RP

I downloaded from microsoft Windows 10 1709 and make bootable iso in Pendrive Kingston Data Traveler. During install i format SSD and HDD. I choose to install Windows 10 to SSD. After installed Windows 10

I faced this issues:

My Windows 10 computer has became slow after cleaned install of Fall Creators. When I load some website in Edge and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps hangs. When I load some website in Edge or Firefox or Chrome ( no matter ) and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps hangs. Next then I open the system settings and click on any setting, the same problem appears.Click and nothing happened. I remember that in this time, windows was installing automatically itself in background nvidia driver. When driver installed that issues gone. And all was fine after 15 minutes. Also had in eventlogs 2-3 entries: Windows failed to install the following update 1709

So i tried to reproduce this issues and i format disk again and installed Win 10 again from pendrive. But this time all was fine. And my question is. Why after second format and second clean install Windows 10 i dont had this issue? Thank you for explanation. Cheers From what i read from internet problem is reproducable. I met peoples that they reproduce issue by each fresh install on formatted partition. So why i cant?

Just want to be sure if my hardware is fine. Maybe that was memory related i have XMP profile or that doesnt matter? Otherwise system is stable now, no crashing in games,no errors in memtest86.

Edited by hamluis, 31 January 2018 - 03:44 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

and that's windows for you!  you probably had some module that install correctly and was causing your issues, then when you did the clean install it installed correctly.  so no problems after that.

you'll probably never know really what caused it, and you are not the first person to have issues like this. 

#5 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

First time was clean install from pendrive to formatted C:/ ( ssd ) . And that 2 issues occur. I remember that in this time, windows was installing automatically itself in background nvidia driver. When driver installed that issues gone.

But i tried to reproduce this issues and i format disk again and installed clean Win 10 again from pendrive. But this time all was fine even before nvidia driver automatically installed in background..
And my question is. Why after second format and second clean install Windows 10 i dont had this issue? Thank you for explanation. Cheers

Edited by sew333, 31 January 2018 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users