Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspicious activity found on your device

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 naklahn

naklahn

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

I'm pretty sure this means nothing, but i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this same pop up, currently, Ive only seen it on the MyFitness Pal app. I've received it twice now, but this time I've actually screenshot it.

P.S. I never entered the captcha, I just close out of the app

Image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B19-rCGhZR8idnBfMGpST1dPSnZCLUVzX1BWbm9lNE5Zc2dv

Edited by naklahn, 29 January 2018 - 01:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

I'm pretty sure this means nothing, but i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this same pop up, currently, Ive only seen it on the MyFitness Pal app. I've received it twice now, but this time I've actually screenshot it.

P.S. I never entered the captcha, I just close out of the app

Image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B19-rCGhZR8idnBfMGpST1dPSnZCLUVzX1BWbm9lNE5Zc2dv

Probably one of the weirdest pop ups I've ever seen.

I have MyFitness Pal installed, although I seldom use it anymore, and I tried to get the pop-up to happen on my device with no success. However, from what I noticed, the app seems to use ads to warrant the "free" version. It's very possible that the quality control has dipped and they're allowing "sketchy" ads to filter through and I can also assume "sketchy" ads pay more. This is all just speculation but a quick search proves you're not the only one with the issue.

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't mind ignoring them, although personally, I wouldn't continue to use an app that contains questionable adware.

Edited by C0bra, 29 January 2018 - 03:30 PM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#3 naklahn

naklahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

Yeah Ive probably got it two times in about a week or so and was curious to see if anyone else had the same thing, just because when I searched, I didnt see anything

#4 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Yeah Ive probably got it two times in about a week or so and was curious to see if anyone else had the same thing, just because when I searched, I didnt see anything

Nope you're not the only one. It appears since Under Armour took over, the ads began to really drop in quality. You could always get the premium version, or maybe try to find another app.

Good luck!

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#5 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Suggestions

1) Write a poor review of the app in iTunes.

2) Report the app to iTunes support as malware. Hopefully they will take it down and ban the dev acct behind it.

#6 daliaeurope

daliaeurope

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Very weird. I hate adds so much, it can mess up your phone, I always avoid apps that use ads. And yes, you should report it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users