Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unchecky - Can't View Flash Player Page When Enabled?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 F1Help

F1Help

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

Hi,

When I visit this page with Unchecky enabled in Firefox it does not render properly:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

However, if I disable Unchecky and try again the page loads fine.

I am using Unchecky 1.1, Firefox 58.0 and Windows 7.

Has anyone else been able to reproduce the issue?  Can it be fixed?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,936 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Introducing Unchecky on RaMMicHaeL's Blog indicates Unchecky is still a beta version so maybe the issue needs to be reported.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Hi, F1Help!

I have Unchecky v.1.1 and Firefox 58.0 myself and as such, I am able to reproduce the issue. :thumbup2:

And if you want to report it, you can do so by clicking the Unchecky Tray Icon, clicking the About Link, and then clicking the Bug/feature tracker Link.

Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 29 January 2018 - 10:47 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#4 F1Help

F1Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Unchecky has been out of beta for a while now:

https://unchecky.com/changelog

v1.0 (August 21, 2016)

First non-beta release. We consider Unchecky to be stable enough for everyday use.

Thanks for letting me know that you can reproduce the issue.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,936 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

The changelog indicates the first non-beta release was v1.0 (08/21/16). RaMMicHaeL needs to update his blog.

#6 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Hi again, F1Help!

FWIW, I just tried to click your link in another browser, and it opens successfully in Chrome, which shows the culprit for this, namely that McAfee Security Scan Plus and McAfee Safe Connect is bundled.

The latter is new, as I have never seen it before, because then, True Key by Intel Security (McAfee) was bundled instead, so consequently, there has recently been a change in the Flash Player Installer.

Unchecky is perfectly capable of handling the Flash Player Installer in Chrome, as the bundled software is unchecked by default.

Although, Flash Player is already built-in in Chrome, so there is no point in installing it therein... :whistle:

So, did you report the issue as per my directions?

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#7 F1Help

F1Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

I have posted a bug report here:

https://unchecky.userecho.com/forums/1-general/topics/886-cant-view-flash-player-page-with-unchecky-enabled/

#8 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Hi again, F1Help!

Great! Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,936 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Reporting the issue to the developer is generally the best way to deal with problems like this. Whether they will address it quickly is another matter.

#10 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

Hi again, quietman7!

Typically, they will address the issue in the next version of Unchecky, which might take awhile, yes.

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 30 January 2018 - 12:19 PM.

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,936 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

I certainly hope they do so.

#12 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Hi again, quietman7!

That makes two of us. :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

#13 F1Help

F1Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Also, I reported another bug regarding Unchecky and GOM Player:

https://unchecky.userecho.com/forums/1-general/topics/887-offers-selected-in-gom-player/

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,936 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

:thumbup2: