Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Won't See Cd/dvd Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Hi. Helping a friend whose player disappeared from (my computer)XP sp2.
She thought it died as it was fiarly old and well used. Purchased new and still not seen.
It gets power,lights and spins. Will not read a disk .. audio ,installation video.
Checked all connections. Replaced IDE cable. Even tried a 3rd player. Compatibility checks.
I'm Out of ideas. Any suggestions thanks. Hoping that it is not the mobo connection.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Looking at what oyu say you've done, my opinion is that there is likely a problem with the IDE connector on the board. It would seem you've already eliminated just about every other possible option.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

Ok thanks for the response. I figured as much,but before I go out and get her a usb CD/DVD I wanted to exhaust my options.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:29 AM

Open your device manager and look to see if there are any yellow or red warning icons in the DVD/cd area (as well as anywhere else).

If there are replace the drivers.

There is also a troubleshooter you might try which you can access by clicking on the drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users