Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slideshow - prepared on desktop for showing on Sony TV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hogesinwa

hogesinwa

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

Hi,

Attempting to sort and grade 6 years of travel slides now that we have sold our boat and returned to dry land.

Bought a new desktop now that we are not living aboard and also bought the Duplicate Slide remover program.  That got rid of 29,000 in the first pass.

I want to put lengthy slideshows by country onto our Sony Bravia TV so I need a program that will step outside a computer presentation.

I tried doing one on Power Point but it won't show on the TV.

I have created them before on Picasa but a) can't save to a USB and B) captions don't show on any slides once you leave Picasa

I assume Windows Movie Maker won't work because I don't have Windows on the Sony.

I can't get my @#$%#@ Toshiba Satellite to get recognised as HDMI 1 on the TV (#2 is the blu-ray and #3 is my Foxtel)  Turn on "Project to Second Screen" on the Toshiba display = no result.

I would be happy to run slideshows from the laptop if I could get the bleeping thing to show up on the TV but no luck so far (brand new HDMI cable out of the package yesterday)

The TV has trouble recognising my larger portable drives but no trouble with USB sticks.

So, can anyone chip in with their 2 Bobs worth on what Slideshow software I can use that will go on a TV 

OR

How I can get the laptop to be recognised by the TV?  (probably would be good to have a slideshow program for that that's better than Picasa, also)

thanks

Terry

Running Windows 10 64 on both laptop and new desktop.  Have Picasa 3 and also have Adobe #13 Elements.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users