I'm having some major issues with one partition on my HDD.
- I'm unable to properly copy/delete/rename anything on this drive (D:), because it'll result in the operation hanging indefinitely (in task manager, active time 100%, read/write 0kbps)
- This drive for some reason is not connected to recycle bin, attempting to delete anything results in "are you sure you want to permanently delete this item"
- There are no issues with windows explorer at least accessing and displaying the names of the files though
- There are no issues with the system drive on this HDD (C:)
- Restart doesn't help
- Right click drive -> tools -> scan drive for errors. It takes a long time to even open for the properties window for this drive. This results in Windows failing to scan the drive, likely because the read/write speed is still 0kbps (see screenshot below)
- Re-installing Windows 10 with the Windows Media Creation Tool didn't help
- Tried using the "EaseUS partition master" software to scan the drive, it found 3 bad sectors and managed to get to about 95% done scanning before the app simply froze
I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad laptop with Windows 10, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD.
Can this HDD be saved? Do I need to format D: drive or something?
Edited by Pohalan, 28 January 2018 - 08:46 PM.