Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 System Freezes Randomly

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 soul2demon

soul2demon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

My Windows 10 System freezes randomly regardless of what i'm doing and its very unexpected. I've noticed that either when playing video games or listening to music that when it freezes the audio does this creepy auto loop thing and I cant do anything but hard reset the computer to get it running again. I've re-seated the 2 Gpu's which is what I think fixed the random computer restarts but since this is a new computer dust is out of the picture. I'd also like to add that this computer is also used for mining crypto currencies but that doesn't effect my computer as it will freeze regardless of that. I've updated my graphics cards Nvidia drivers to stay up to date with the games I play so there's that. The bios settings for the ram timings have been changed to accommodate the sticks I bought and also the Cpu bios settings have been set to stock to run stable. (I use to have a watchdog clock timeout BSOD). I can't figure out what's wrong and I've run out options.. This is also a brand new fresh install of windows. 

Specs:

Intel i7-8700k Coffee lake

Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming Motherboard

Asus GTX 1080

Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080ti

Samsung Evo 250gb SSD (Primary)

Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD (Secondary)

G.SKILL TridentZ RBG Series 16gb DDR4000 (2x8gb)

Raidmax RX1000ae PSU

EDIT* I will update if this has completely fixed my issue but yes i found out that in my GTX 1080 there was a substantial amount of dust that put my whole computer in lockup. I'd like to add that this grapics card was used as my secondary exclusively for mining but even if this one gpu is connected to the system, if it fails it will lockup the whole system. If anyone has this type of issue literally just use an air compressor preferably or air duster to fully extinguish the dust from the internal's of the gpu and other electronic component that you have. I'm running on an open desktop system to compensate for heat.  

Edited by soul2demon, 28 January 2018 - 09:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 soul2demon

soul2demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

UPDATE IT STILL FREEZING.. no clue what to do now

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

From what you've posted I'm guessing that you haven't received any BSODs?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 soul2demon

soul2demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/AzjGooaxEh0z4VkbjDDtbkc

No BSOD since i think i stabilized my bios settings for my cpu

Edited by soul2demon, 31 January 2018 - 01:46 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

You don't need to quote my posts, this just takes up bandwidth time.

Please download and run CPUID's Hardware Monitor to view your voltages.  Please do this for the temperatures as well and post these in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

Please do the following as well.

JcJ91sx.pngGSmartControl
Follow the instructions below to test your hard drive health with GSmartControl:

1.  Download GSmartControl and save it on your Desktop.

2.  Extract the content of the GSmartControl .zip archive and execute gsmartcontrol.exe.

3.  Identify your drive in the list, and double-click on it to bring up it's window (usually you'll find your drive by it's size or it's brand name).

4.  Click on the Perform Tests tab, then select Extended Self-test in the Test type drop-down list and click on Execute (this test can take a few hours to complete).

Once the test is over, the results will be displayed at the bottom of the window. Please copy and paste these results in your topic.

Click on the Attributes tab and if you have any entries highlighted in red or pink, copy and paste their name in your next reply (or take a screenshot of the GSmartControl window and attach it in your next reply).

info_failing.png

How to make a screenshot and post it in your topic

Press the Print Screen to capture its image.

Open Paint and click/tap on Paste

Click/tap on File and select Save as, add a name for the file.

How to post an image in your topic

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

Edited by dc3, 31 January 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#7 soul2demon

soul2demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Gsmartcontrol has been stuck at 10% for about 5 hours. I don't know if something's wrong with that but here are my other specs.

*update, had another restart so was unable to continue gsmartcontrol after 8 hours

Attached Files

Edited by soul2demon, 31 January 2018 - 09:17 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

The GPU is running around 71C which is getting warmer than I would like to see.  The maximum temperature for this GPU is 94C,  but you graphics will begin to deteriorate before getting that hot.

What I am concerned about is the voltages seen in both the Speccy and the HWMonitor.  Your Raidmax RX1000ae PSU has a 80+ Gold certification which is a little disconcerting when you see the voltages being off that much.  Raidmax is better known for their cases, not their PSUs.  If this is still under warranty I would see if I could return it and get my money back, then purchase a better PSU.  By the way, 1000Ws is a bit overkill for this system.

#9 soul2demon

soul2demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, the temps are high because it's currently mining and I was looking to get more gpu's for it but first I need to get my system stable. I'll return the PSU and see what other options are there, what do you recommend?

Edited by soul2demon, 01 February 2018 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users