Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spywareblaster 5.5

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

I've been using SP for years but suddenly, after installing 5.5, there is no longer a listing for Chrome (or any of the other browsers that are listed as protected, except IE and FF). ???

In addition, I went to Wilders Security Forum to ask in the official SP section there, but it looks like no one from Brightfort has answered in a long time, and there is nothing new posted there.  I tried to make an account so I could ask about this, but the forum never sent me an email to confirm my account.

What gives?

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

<snip>  I tried to make an account so I could ask about this, but the forum never sent me an email to confirm my account.

What gives?

Have you tried reaching out to Wilders using their 'Contact Us' Link, to inquire bout the email confirmation issue? The link is on the bottom right side of their main page.

Can't address your Spywareblaster question as I am not a user of the application.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,475 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

SpywareBlaster supports Internet Explorer (and any browsers that use the Internet Explorer engine), Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Seamonkey and Flock...see here.

And then we have this...

SpywareBlaster provides protection for your favorite web browser(s):

Internet Explorer
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Netscape
Seamonkey
Pale Moon
K-Meleon
and browsers that use the IE engine, including:
AOL web browser
Avant Browser
Slim Browser
Maxthon (formerly MyIE2)
Crazy Browser
GreenBrowser

Secure Your Browser

The first link is dated 03 April 2008 so the second is most likely more current but it isn't specifically dated.

I do not use Chrome so only FF and IE show for me. That indicates you probably need other browsers installed before SpywareBlaster recognizes it as noted by the help file...SpywareBlaster Features > Protection > Other Browsers says.

SpywareBlaster can also provide protection for many additional web browsers. These protection options will only appear in the SpywareBlaster program if the respective browsers are installed on your computer.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 RevGAM

RevGAM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

<snip>  I tried to make an account so I could ask about this, but the forum never sent me an email to confirm my account.

What gives?

Have you tried reaching out to Wilders using their 'Contact Us' Link, to inquire bout the email confirmation issue? The link is on the bottom right side of their main page.

Can't address your Spywareblaster question as I am not a user of the application.

I will try after I get groceries. ;)

SpywareBlaster supports Internet Explorer (and any browsers that use the Internet Explorer engine), Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Seamonkey and Flock...see here.

And then we have this...

SpywareBlaster provides protection for your favorite web browser(s):

Internet Explorer
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Netscape
Seamonkey
Pale Moon
K-Meleon
and browsers that use the IE engine, including:
AOL web browser
Avant Browser
Slim Browser
Maxthon (formerly MyIE2)
Crazy Browser
GreenBrowser

Secure Your Browser

The first link is dated 03 April 2008 so the second is most likely more current but it isn't specifically dated.

I do not use Chrome so only FF and IE show for me. That indicates you probably need other browsers installed before SpywareBlaster recognizes it as noted by the help file...SpywareBlaster Features > Protection > Other Browsers says.

SpywareBlaster can also provide protection for many additional web browsers. These protection options will only appear in the SpywareBlaster program if the respective browsers are installed on your computer.

I guess I should've mentioned that I had installed SB, then added Chrome, but (unlike usual) Chrome didn't get added to SB, so I uninstalled and reinstalled SB, but it still didn't show up.

FF and IE always show up, even if they aren't installed, at least that has been my observation.  And, I agree that it NORMALLY adds browsers when they are detected, because I've used others in the past and they appeared on the list.

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

#5 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Hi, RevGAM!

I would recommend uninstalling SpywareBlaster, uninstalling Chrome, re-installing Chrome and re-installing SpywareBlaster.

Good luck! :)

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#6 RevGAM

RevGAM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Hi, RevGAM!

I would recommend uninstalling SpywareBlaster, uninstalling Chrome, re-installing Chrome and re-installing SpywareBlaster.

Regards,

midimusicman79

That is what I did, on more than one computer.

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

#7 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Hi again, RevGAM!

Sorry to hear that, however, I am sure you followed my instructions in that exact same order, correct?

Well, then I would recommend a clean uninstallation and an over-the-top installation of SpywareBlaster, please read here: https://www.brightfort.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/26/0/how-do-i-uninstall-spywareblaster

Or alternatively, please ask their Support Forum, here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forums/spywareblaster-other-forum.23/

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users