Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5.1 System Connection to PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 junkydima

junkydima

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I wish to use the Onkyo Intec 155 BASE-V10X(S) system with my PC.  

My PC motherboard is an Asus H170M-Plus.

I was told I could connect the system to the PC via a digital line, but I don't see any digital inputs on the motherboard.  I was also told I can use HDMI for audio, but my video card only has one HDMI out port.  The onboard HDMI is open, though I don't know if this makes a difference.  Will 5.1 come through HDMI and/or digital?  How do I connect these items?

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

This would be a good RTFM (Read the fine manual) moment.  Page 1-18 there is an add in board that you would need to hook up.  You might also be able to use the HDMI.

#3 junkydima

junkydima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the response.  I see the headers on the MB.  I don't have available room for a board, but it looks like I can run the connection from the header and snap it into one of the faux slots on my case if need be.  That being said, about the HDMI--do you know if I can use the onboard HDMI while still using my Nvidia card for video?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

While I'm sure you can use the HDMI and nVidia card, it isn't something I'd try as a first option.  Does the nVidia card have an HDMI out and does the receiver have an HDMI in?

#5 junkydima

junkydima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Yes.  Well, I have a modification to the base system to allow HDMI in if not.  The Nvidia card has HDMI out and 3 Display Port outs, which aren't used often in this country.  That being said, the HDMI out is being used for the monitor.  I was hoping to use the onboard HDMI out for just audio to the base system then. 

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

I didn't look at the receiver initially.  It looks like the riser board is your best option, provided it has the optical digital connection as that is what it looks like the receiver needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users