Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Suggest Firewall Rules

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soresdev

soresdev

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

I have a firewall for my home network and I'm trying to learn how to use rules to keep things more secure.I don't run any services that I'd want to access from the outside, so everything outside coming in is blocked.

Can anyone make suggestions of rules I would want to add to keep things more secure? I keep reading of users having so many rules that it's hard to track, and yet I can't think of what would make my network more secure because everything is already blocked coming in.

Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavidLMO

DavidLMO

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

What Firewall are you using?

#3 soresdev

soresdev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

I have an ASA 5506-X (which shouldn't matter). Thanks.

#4 DavidLMO

DavidLMO

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Never heard of that Firewall.  It matters cause rules work different in different apps.  Maybe a Cisco forum might help.  Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users