Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choosing the right router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xTeChN0

xTeChN0

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Hello!

Maybe someone here can guide me in the right direction :)

I am looking for a 4G router to use in an area where there is no cable. I have a directional antenna Rantelon Nelli 0727 MIMO and I am gonna need a router for this antenna. And yes the area does not have a very good signal so I am gonna need this antenna to lock to a tower.

Can anyone recommend should I buy a router with a sim card slot or a home router that has more features and is more future proofed and use it with a USB modem?

Will using USB modem in any way make internet slower or less reliable?

For example I am considering ZyXel LTE3311 (with sim card slot) or Asus RT-AC68U (without sim card slot).

I am actually already using this Zyxel router, but it is a rental and I think I will change ISP and will return this router to them. New ISP is offering only Huawei B525 for their service and it does not have a possibility to lock 4G frequency's. I have had a lot of help getting better speeds from locking to a higher frequency even if its signal is weaker.

What I really need from a router is that I could use it for 4G, locking onto 4G frequencies, good wifi coverage (as our house is quite big) and maybe having configurable QoS would be nice to have. Also it needs to have connectors for directional antenna. 

I am not actually sure if this Asus router can lock on frequencies.  

I would appreciate any recommendations as I do not know much about routers.

Edited by xTeChN0, 28 January 2018 - 03:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users