Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots Of Svchost.exe !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:23 PM

I'm facing a slow start up. And yes my com are virus or malware-free for sure. I click on Ctrl+Alt+Del to run the Taskmanager and i found tht in processes tab, there are 6 Image Name which name svchost.exe are running! Is this the reason tht affect my com's startup slow down?

those files run like this:

Image Name User Name
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe LOCAL SERVICE
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
svchost.exe LOCAL SERVICE
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:59 PM

No, that is not your problem. Matter of fact, I have the same processes running.
You can speed up the startup by blocking programs from loading at startup such as media programs, word programs, Adobe, IM's, etc.
You should have one firewall, one antivirus, and one or two antispyware programs. Some antimalware programs have a longer startup time than others.
Regularly clean your temporary files and defragment your harddrive at least once a month or whenever you have added a program.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:30 PM

THNX Buddy!
Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:30 AM

Before killing any startup processes that you are not absolutly sure of, check the BC StartupList (tabbed at the top of the page here); you can seriously harm your system by accidently killing a process needed by Windows.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:42 PM

There are a series of services that startup up under the umbrella of svchost.exe. If you download process explorer and run it you will see the svchost.exe processes. If you double-click on one and then click on the services tab, you will see the actual services that this particular svchost.exe is controlling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users