Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freshly built pc crashed and won't boot again.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zcrale

Zcrale

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

So i have a problem whit a pc i just builded for a freind, it worked fine for 4-5 hours then he said there came some blue squaress on the monitor and now it wont show any thing on the display when he is trying to boot it.

What can the issue be? I tried a lot of trouble shooting whit him thrugh the phone nothing seems to help or give any hints to what it may be, the only thing we used from his old rig is the hardrives and tower, the old pc was brooken because of a leak from a cheap watercooler.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

Not uncommon for a part to fail though reasonably rare, if it has graphics on the chip first thing would be to pull the video card since the screen is showing the odd squares.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Zcrale

Zcrale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Not uncommon for a part to fail though reasonably rare, if it has graphics on the chip first thing would be to pull the video card since the screen is showing the odd squares.

Yes i dont think it has that its a z270-p board from asus running an i 5 6600k and a gtx 1060 from asus.

Okay scratch that we tried what you said at it booted just fine...

Edited by Zcrale, 27 January 2018 - 06:15 PM.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Graphics may be part of that chip!

#5 Zcrale

Zcrale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Yes i dont think it has that its a z270-p board from asus running an i 5 6600k and a gtx 1060 from asus.

Okay i think we found the problem he tried connecting the monitor to the mother board and it booted 

Edited by Zcrale, 27 January 2018 - 06:18 PM.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

The specs show Intel i 5 6600k has graphics, makes me go back to a failed video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users