Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TRusteer Rapport - anyone having computer trouble since update?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldishgal

oldishgal

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

My computer with windows 7 is freezing up and wont shutdown properly.
Tried to restore to a point before Trusteer installed which I dont recall installing but may have. I had Trusteer Rapport previously and now shows in programs as Trusteer Endpoint Protection. Tried to uninstall thru control panel and it wouldnt uninstall.
DOnt know if its coincidence that computer starting freezing after it shows this installed.
BUt cant uninstall to see if that was the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

It is a program that is advised by many banks and credit card companies but this is largely a CYA exercise on their part. It has been known to sometimes - not often but sometimes - slow down computers but I haven't seen any other reports of it causing freezing and not shutting down properly.

However if you cannot uninstall it with either Control panel or its own uninstaller - 'Start - All programs - Trusteer uninstall' - then i suggest you try the Revo uninstaller, a free download from BC -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

It is an effective little utility. Just, in the final step, choose the 'Safe' option. Trusteer has been known as Endpoint for a couple of years now.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 oldishgal

oldishgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Well I finally was able to uninstall Trusteer and computer appears to be back to normal. STill testing a few things but so far not freezing and can restart and shutdown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users