Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor
Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
RAM 8.0 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
I've been trying to fix this problem for a week now and I honestly don't know what else to do.
So far this is all the info I've got and everything I've tried, hope it's some use:
- External HDD works fine on any other computer except this one
- Other WD External HDD don't work either on this computer
- I've tried uninstalling all the drivers and downloading them again, with no change whatsoever
- WD Drive shows up as Read-Only on the WD Driver Hub, and tells me I should format it, but when I tried to use WD Driver Utilities to do just that it would fail with this message: "An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid."
- When opened, disk management ask me if I want to initialise the disk, but when prompt to it fails and says: The Request Failed Due To A Fatal Device Hardware Error.
- The External HDD shows up as My Passport without the name I gave it(which does show up when plugged into other computers) and with 0 bytes
- I do not have anything important inside the drive, I've already formatted the external HDD in NTFS just to be sure, nothing changed
- This issue caused me so much frustration that I ended up restarting my entire PC to factory setting... which didn't help at all
Cause of the Issue:
I was playing The Surge from the WD External HDD when the game crashed so I turned off the computer, but when it took too long to close I just pressed the button and put my PC out of its misery. Which I extremely regret now, since it hasn't worked in this specific PC since then