Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 starts but freezes after. Safe mode freezes when restarting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldishgal

oldishgal

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

WIndows 7 64 bit
Computer started ok this am. Printed a pdf file. Google chrome wouldnt respond and froze up. Couldnt restart or use mouse.
Shutdown with power button. Safemode started ok. On restarting in safemode computer froze up on shutting down.
Started safemode again and ran quick scan malwarebytes. Nothing detected. Microsoft essentials all ok.
Startup repair in safemode no problems detected.

Malwarebytes had web protection disabled which is not normal. Tried to enable it when restarted normally and it froze up.

ANy suggestions? AM i infected?

Edited by hamluis, 27 January 2018 - 02:22 PM.
Moved to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Apparently there was an issue with a Malwarebytes update.  I just spend a couple hours chasing this.  See:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malwarebytes-update-released-to-fix-high-cpu-and-memory-usage-in-mbamservice-exe/

Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 oldishgal

oldishgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

After checking malwarebytes the problems having still exist.
I tried to restore to an earlier point in safe mode and it freezes up to.
SAfe mode sd I installed Trusteer Today....but I didnt as far as I know unless it updated itself. I tried to remove the program Trusteer Endpoint Protection and it would not uninstall thru control panel. I thought I had just a program Trusteer previously.
NOt sure what to do. HElp??

#4 oldishgal

oldishgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

I was finally able to uninstall Trusteer and everything appears to be working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users