Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Half hour cold boot since KB4056894

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ajg617

ajg617

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

KB4056894 has caused my Intel based Ivy Bridge system (ASUS Sabertooth Z77) Windows 7 desktop to boot to a screeching halt.  Half hour to cold boot now.  Many service control manager timeouts for essential ASUS SW EventIDs 7000, 7009, 7011.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Do a System Restore.  You will want to select a restore point dated prior to this update which caused your problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ajg617

ajg617
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

Do a System Restore.  You will want to select a restore point dated prior to this update which caused your problem.

Tried that dc3. I created a restore point immediately prior to installing the meltdown patch (which by the way took approximately 6 hours to complete) which I really did not want to install.  Didn't solve the problem which leads me to believe that there are still some artifacts from the KB that remained after restore.  In the mean time, I've doubled the 30000 millesecond timeout by adding ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD to the registry and setting it to 60000.  We'll see if that helps at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users