Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor didn't get any signal from pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 ZackyKey

ZackyKey

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hi there, I have an issue. When I turned my computer on, the monitor didn't display anything. Any solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:43 AM

Hello ZackyKey,

If you are getting a "no signal" message on your screen it suggests that the problem is with an item of the computer hardware and not the screen itself.

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the RAM (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit)  providing these details will enable us to better assist you. 

Edit to add: Is the computer covered by any warranty.

Edited by PhillPower2, 28 January 2018 - 06:46 AM.

#3 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

It's 10 years old and I don't think A*Comrade was a brand name. And there's a sticker sticked on the upper case of the computer and what I got there are,

A*Comrade N 512 W

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.0 Ghz
128 MB DDR
40 GB HDD
CDROM 52x
56k fax/modem
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Before this computer belongs to my father, and I think he didn't use this anymore because the last technician who are going to repair this computer said this is totally broken. But if so, why did I still able to turn on the computer, and before repairing the mouse and keyboard which are unabled on the computer, the monitor still show the process from the computer and I guess.the computer still work and just need a little repair.And before I post this issue, i've already posted the keyboard and mouse issue there, https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/669221/mouse-and-keyboard-didnt-work/page-2#entry4432770

Edited by ZackyKey, 28 January 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#4 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

I think that's because the video card or the RAM ? When I read from the pther site, some said because the RAM and some said because the Video Card. Those two hardware already worked before and I don't think they're broken. Maybe I should replace it ? I kmow what to do but I still waitong for you to answer. Because I don't dare to do something by myself

#5 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Extra :
You may need this,
Before this problem happens, I'm repairing the mouse and keyboard which are unfortunately disabled on my pc. And then, I replace the CMOS battery and the mouse and keyboard problem were fixed. The monitor works, mouse and keyboard too, and then the windows loading screen appeared. After a few second, suddenly the monitor get no signal.

#6 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Oh ! The monitor back to normal ! I got 2 RAM slots on the conputer and replaced the RAM from the slot 1 to slot 2. But now, the monitor displayed "Select proper boot device or insert..." I forgot the exact words so, how to fix this issue ?

#7 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

Oh ! I've fixed that issue using the help of this link, https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=https://www.deskdecode.com/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-explained/&ei=ikDRdivh&lc=en-ID&s=1&m=915&host=www.google.co.id&ts=1517194391&sig=AOyes_RZ_wOtCb_N91cATVugGzUwpQ5OQA but maybe this will be the last issue, the computer didn't give ang sound. When i'm playing games, I didn't hear any sound.

Edited by Platypus, 29 January 2018 - 01:57 AM.
Removed repeated text

#8 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

Hello ZackyKey,

Not a good idea to have two threads going regarding the same issue, it can get confusing and lead to mishaps which nobody wants, please continue at your original thread here and someone will help you with the audio problem.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

This topic is closed to avoid further confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users