Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Messenger Logs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daleyy

daleyy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

Hello ive been reading allot on this forum and ive decided to make a topic of my own. Im just wondering is there a way that i can view what ever people have been doing on Windows Live Messenger. I am aware of the chat logs, however people sign into windows live messenger on this pc allot and click forget me. And id like to find out what they are putting and writing on my computer, it may be harmfull content etc. Is there a program i can run in the background that logs what they say or perhaps you can suggest something to do

can you please get back to me ASAP. It would be much apreciated. Thankyou :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum, and added topic description. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 29 September 2006 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

You would probably need to purchase the appropriate internet monitoring software, that logs all the activity on your PC.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 guitarrocker

guitarrocker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:52 AM

nah, what you need is a key logger. or security program that will monitor all keystrokes which in effect is a key logger just sounds less scary!! ;)

they run silently in the background and the person will have no idea it is running, what the program does is, will save every single keystroke they make and save it in notepad, in a folder hidden on your system. also certain software applications of it, will even take screenshots every 5secs, and save them in a folder and the even more advanced ones will, record everything they are doing. and save it as an .wmv file in a hidden folder.

hope that helps

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

You can even get little things that install between the keyboard and the pc and monitor all keystrokes. Then all you do is type some kind of code into the keyboard and it shows you all the keystrokes saved on this little piece of hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users