Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and Keyboard didn't work.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ZackyKey

ZackyKey

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Hi there, I have a computer which are about 10 years old. And, the last time I use it are 4 years ago. And what I remember is, I accidentally disabled USB Mouse and Keyboards. I know how to fix it, just re enable it, but on this case, I even can't move the mouse and the keyboard. And that makes me can't access the BIOS setup. Any help ? Thank you. N.B : sorry if my grammar isn't good

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

If it's 10 years old does it have PS2 ports? You should be able to pick up a PS2 keyboard and mouse on the cheap at a shop or goodwill computer store.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

pull the battery and short the cmos jumper if equipped if not then just pull the battery and let it sit overnight

#4 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

It's a computer and I don't know which part was the battery

Edited by ZackyKey, 26 January 2018 - 10:09 PM.

#5 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

Are PS2 port are circle shaped ?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Yes, they are round. mightywiz was requesting your remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Pull the power cord. Open the side of the case and ground yourself on some bare metal. Remove the CMOS battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds to drain off any power. Replace the battery. This will revert your BIOS settings to default. If legacy USB is the default setting in your BIOS your USB keyboard and mouse should work. If not you will need to get yourself PS2 devices.

Most motherboards have a jumper you move to clear the CMOS settings. What is your computer's make and model number?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS/2_port

It would be a good idea to purchase a new CMOS battery.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 January 2018 - 11:00 PM.

#7 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

The USB port still work, when I plug the mouse in, the mouse turned on the its light, but it doesn't give any input to the computer. And, how if I install a keyboard app for android and plug my android into the computer and acess the BIOS setup ? Will it work ?

#8 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

My computer are A.Comrade computer

Edited by ZackyKey, 26 January 2018 - 11:04 PM.

#9 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Oh yea, my computer have those PS/2 ports
Oh yea, my computer have those PS/2 ports

#10 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

I got some photos, can we talk using facebook ? Because I don't think this media could send image files

#11 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

You said, "Pull the power cord. Open the side of the case and ground yourself on some bare metal. Remove the CMOS battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds to drain off any power. Replace the battery." I've pulled the power cord, and opened the side of the case. But, idk which one was the CMOS battery. I'll take a picture of my computer

#12 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

I  know you don't have an HP machine but here is a great little video which shows you what the cmos battery looks like etc.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph04375

#13 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

Ok i'll try

#14 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Oh man !! thank you very much !! The keyboard are useable again !!! But now, i have another problem. This already happened before i fix this issue. The computer sometimes didn't give input to the monitor and that makes me can't see anything. Any help ?

#15 ZackyKey

ZackyKey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

Some said it's because of RAM, and what shall i do with the RAM ? N.B : After i fix the first problem, the monitor works, and i can use my keyboard to access the setup, and then, i didn't change anything. I exit the setup, and the windows logo appears. After a few seconds, the monitor get no signal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users