Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get directx to work with older photoshop element program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bammthis

bammthis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

I just bought a new HP laptop I7 chip windows 10 8 gb memory, I have added this program to several computers over the years and never had this problem come up that I could not figure out and fix. I have gone to the control panel and checked the Legacy Componets the drop down and checked Direct play but after trying Photoshop and get the you dont have directx program which I downloaded its Directx 12 Igo back to see that Legacy Componets and the direct play are both back unchecked .If someone can give me a clue I can take it from there. If there is any other info I missed you need please let me know and i will send it . I love this program and would like to keep things working if I have missed something please help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

What version of Photoshop is this?

You will need to be using an Administrator account to do the following.

Click/tap on the Taskbar Search icon (magnifing glass) and type dxdiag.

PLrbrFc.png

dxdiag will appear under Best match, click/tap on this.

This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.  You will see your version of DirectX in under the System tab.

Post the version in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users