Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems When Exiting Games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SilverDogg

SilverDogg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

so, i have a problem. everytime ive finished playing a game, and want to exit, my screen goes stupid. either its entirely black and the only thing i can see is the mouse cursor. or the screen just looks ferked up. for example, some parts are black, some are not, some just look twisted.. or something..

im running winxp sp2'
i have nvidia 6600gt
i have the latest version of directx
i have the latest drivers for both my screen and the graphics cards

so, would anyone have an idea what could be causing this? i hate playing games since i know when i exit them i have to reboot the comp =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SilverDogg

SilverDogg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

gah, how can absolutely nobody know anything about this?
there must be someone that has an idea on what could be done to help =(

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

I have the same problem. I believe the culprit is the latest nVIDIA drivers. Logging out (Windows button + L) and in again will usually fix it.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 SilverDogg

SilverDogg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

ok, ill try that the next time. but still, its stupid =/
but you believe its a problem on nvidias end? hopefully they will have some new drivers out soon then ;/

edit: i dunno if its about this problem, but apperantly nvidia released some sort of fix a couple of days ago. however, i cant seem to find where to dl this fix =/. anyone who might be able to help perhaps?

Edited by SilverDogg, 02 October 2006 - 04:36 PM.

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:50 AM

You could try the 92.91 BETA drivers from here.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 SilverDogg

SilverDogg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:58 AM

hmm, i downloaded the same drivers one more time, and installed it once again, and now it seems to work =S.

dont really want beta drivers, they tend to.. be stupid ;D

anyways, things are working again. yay!

edit: ok i was wrong. still being a jerkwad! but it worked with logging out and back in again, so big thanks for that tip =).

Edited by SilverDogg, 03 October 2006 - 04:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users