Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Pairing - Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BigD_NC

BigD_NC

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Apologies in advance, I'm not quite sure which forum I'm supposed to post this in.

I am on a Lenovo Thinkpad T460 running Windows 10.  I have Skullcandy Skullcrusher bluetooth headphones I'm trying to connect but cannot do so.  There is no true manual for the headphones (only a "quick start" guide) so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I opened the "Bluetooth and other devices" tab on my laptop and the laptop has discovered and connected to the headphones but no sound is coming out (status = "Connected voice, music").  I selected disconnect (status changes to "Paired") then connect - music plays for less than one second then stops.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  I don't want this to be a process every morning when I turn on my computer, I assumed that once paired and connected, it should be automatic.  Any suggestions on where to go from here?

As a random side note, when the headphones are connected youtube buffers and will not play.  So there must be some issue with how these are connected.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Did a quick google and there seems to be a reset function on the headphones. That may or may not help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skullcandy/comments/5ednfe/my_new_skullcandy_crusher_wireless_wont_connect/

#3 BigD_NC

BigD_NC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Yes, that worked the first time.  Went out to lunch, turned off the headphones.  When I returned I powered on the headphones, no volume.  Bluetooth settings show "Connected".  I pushed the up and down volume again (per the link), nothing.  I disconnected and reconnected the headset in the bluetooth settings, still nothing, even though the settings show as "connected" (does not say "voice, music" as it did this morning).  I tried to disconnect again, and now when I hit "Connect" I just get the status "Paired".

It just should not be this difficult, in my opinion.  I have never connected a bluetooth anything to my laptop, but am I wrong in assuming that once an item is paired, it should automatically connect (as long as bluetooth is on)?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,212 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

You're correct. Once a device is paired it should stay paired. I have little experience with Windows 10. There is a bluetooth driver on the computer's support page dated 9/2017 that may help.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t460/downloads

#5 BigD_NC

BigD_NC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

I am just getting annoyed trying to figure these out...(had to get that off my chest).

I downloaded the driver, part of that process was to restart the computer so I figured it was a good time to start fresh.  I powered off the headphones so everything is starting from scratch.

Once the laptop was up and I logged into pandora to get the music going.  I powered on the headphones, nothing.  I opened the bluetooth control panel and the status was "Paired".  I selected connect, and get the popup "Tap to connect crusher wireless".  I clicked on the popup and got the message "Connection Failed".  Status is still "Paired".

So to get it working I have to do the following:

1. Remove device
  2. Make headphones discoverable
  3. Select "Add bluetooth or other device" from bluetooth control panel
  4. Connect to Crusher
  5. Once sound comes on and fails (after one second) reset by pressing up and down volume simultaneously

It's just a pain to have to do this every morning and then every time I return from lunch.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,212 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

There are complaints about Windows 10 and bluetooth. Read the Reddit threads especially "What's going on with Windows 10 and bluetooth audio". 

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=windows+10+bluetooth+sucks

#7 BigD_NC

BigD_NC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

I'm not a tech type person so at what point do you decide it's a Windows problem and not a Skullcandy problem?  I do have a ticket open with Skullcandy but I just want to get to the bottom of it.

Feel-wise these feel great on my ears, so I don't want to return them, but it's a pain to have to do trial and error every time I want to listen to music.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,212 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Do you have a bluetooth enabled Windows 7 computer that you can pair the phones to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users