Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bose soundlink 2 Bluetooth around ear headphones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brhye

brhye

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Hello, I purchased these Bose headphones in order to play video games on my computer with the microphone. The audio is fine but I am having problems with making the microphone work my windows 10 computer. Ive been trying to use it in discord, and I've tried various recording software's to test it on and what happens is i wont be able to hear any of my computers audio from games or anything and i can only hear myself through the mic. Another thing that can happen is i can hear myself, other people and the game but the game audio is extrenely distorted, and i will still be hearing myself and other people can hear me in a distorted voice. I have gone to play back devices and have tried doing every combination of setting default devices and unchecking and checking boxes and I can't seem to get it to work. Another thing I've tried is plugging in a regular microphone and setting that as the default recording device, but I will still hear myself and it will be super staticky. Thank you very much for any help, and if there's any info I missed i can definitely add it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

If you're connecting these to your PC via Bluetooth, good luck. I've yet to have a good experience using Bluetooth - anything - paired to my PCs or Laptops. They're also not likely designed to be used the way you're hoping. Typically Bluetooth style headphones are designed for mobile device use, and not "PC gaming", simply because of the way mobile devices use their microphones. Your best bet would be to use the included cable, but think of the connections on the back of your PC, as apposed to those on your phone. You have a separate TRS (Tip - Ring - Sleeve) cable for headphones, and microphone whereas your phone has one TRRS plug (Tip - Ring - Ring - Sleeve. The difference being the TRRS has one extra "Ring" for the microphone so it's all inline, not separated - that's probably why only one function works at a time. Some newer PCs have TRRS inputs that support both a Mic and Headset in the one port but it's not nearly as common.

You might be able to find Bluetooth drivers, but a quick search turned up nothing on my end. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users