Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 login screen restart loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tempputeemu

tempputeemu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Hello.

I had some internet issues and chose to update my drivers. My pc prompted to restart and I did so. After the restart my PC is able to take me to the log in screen where it restarts itself just to go back to the same log in screen where it loops this process over and over again

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

See if you can access your advanced boot options using the following method. From there you may be able to do a System Restore.

• Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  • As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  • Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  • Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  • Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

If a System Restore Point is not available follow the steps in the below video. Create a bootable Windows 10 DVD or USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool. The video show how to replace your registry hives in the C:\Windows\System32\config folder with the ones in the C:\Windows\System32\config\Regback folder. Windows backs up your registry hives on a regular basis. Replacing the hives with ones that were saved before your problem should allow you to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=2f-GorXWkoc

#3 tempputeemu

tempputeemu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Thank you for the response. I followed the guide, but it shows that I have nothing in the registry. How should I continue?

IMG_20180126_064745.jpg

I explored other options (i did not change anything) and tried system restore. I got a prompt that I cannot restore without internet connection. When I tried to restart my PC I pressed the power off button and got into this menu. The icon says that I have no internet? Could corrupt internet drivers cause this?

IMG_20180126_083539.jpg

Edited by tempputeemu, 26 January 2018 - 01:36 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

You can attempt a reset with the option to keep all your files but you would need to reinstall all your programs.

If you hold the shift button and then press restart at the desktop does it get you to the advanced boot options? From your image I don't know if you can restart from the desktop or it only allows a shutdown. If pressing the shift key and Restart does not work then use the steps in my previous post to try and get your Advanced Boot Options. From there do a reset with the option to keep your files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users