Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tired of the haiti BS

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 cpunoob

cpunoob

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

solves the problem of having to live around them, in my little bleephole area 8)

los angeles skid row has been there for years, thats walking distance from here

they should go there

i was thinking of putting up signs of mountain lion sightings

and making fake tracks in the sandy areas

they can go to areas that allow camp sites

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Well wait until you become homeless or someone you know does, I think your attitude would change about the homeless very quickly. In todays economy almost anyone can become homeless.

Edited by SuperSapien64, 03 February 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#18 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

I was a bit confused too ( Haiti vs. Puerto Rico) as well as deviations from topic, but...
Been through skid row over past decades when driving through L.A. and it has always remained the same. Most are there by choice, some by unfortunate circumstance. I've talked with some homeless and some conversations were enlightening.
For anyone griping about living within proximity begs the question: why not move elsewhere instead, they've been there (collectively) longer than you have, and do not possibly have the wherewithal to do so, where you'd be far better equipped to provide yourself the means.

To illustrate comparison:

pt.2016.07.05_skidRow.jpg

Mackay-Tisbert-on-homeless-policy-LEAD.j
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#19 cpunoob

cpunoob

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Well wait until you become homeless or someone you know does, I think your attitude would change about the homeless very quickly. In todays economy almost anyone can become homeless.

i would like to think that i would seek help, but if i end up on the street and completely give up. then i am not in sound mind, then bleep knows what would happen.  i had a relative that ended up in the street, it took us almost a year to find him. afterwards he just moved on like nothing happened, it was weird.  he wouldnt seek help, but did not object to someone saying "your living with us now".

he was like "ok what ever", he clearly has depression.

sorry for hijacking thread, a lot of those young people out there are there by choice, its like its cool now.

thats just sad, they call themselves travelers.

those in the pics above are not the ones that make up the skidrow  near by

they have tents and stoves, some have generators, its like they think they are at some camp site at yosemite

https://www.wikihow.com/Adopt-a-Traveling-Lifestyle-Broke

#20 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

@ cpunoob

Some good points there, if you become homeless you should seek help but much like mental health issues I think a lot of people are to ashamed to seek help and society needs to destigmatize these problems (homelessness and mental health issues).

#21 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Some refugees are safer and better off being homeless on the streets of LA than they are in the country they fled from. Sad but true.

Edited by NickAu, 09 February 2018 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users