Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar + Touch Keyboard Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vilatus

Vilatus

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm having a really weird issue with my PC. Occasionally, if I try to type something into the search bar of chrome, it will open the touch keyboard and then immediately close it. Generally some clicking around or restarting chrome will fix it, but its annoying. Something that usually seems to happen in time with this is my taskbar becoming unresponsive. (Icons cannot be clicked, and they do not "shine" as I go over them like they normally do.) If I right click and left click on the taskbar a couple times it usually responds again.

My PC is technically a tablet PC, so I'm wondering if this is an issue with registering the touch? Perhaps it thinks I'm touching somewhere else when I'm not? It has a drawing tablet built in, which stops accepting touch feedback when the pen is close enough to the screen, but it also has 10 touch points.

Any ideas? If you need any more information then please, ask. I would like to fix this. Picture of my PC attached so you understand what it looks like better.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users