Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New BSOD System Service Exception

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zurrieq

Zurrieq

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Hi Guys

Around 2 weeks ago I updated windows to 1709 and since then its been awesome.... But now I got a BSOD could someone tell me what caused it. My 3rd BSOD on windows 10 on this pc and the first 2 were on different versions and were caused by adguard. Could someone check if this is the cause again? - PC had been on for around 4 and a half days before the crash.

Just before the crash I was browsing, and then opened the start menu and noticed the folder icons were missing and the start menu seemed abit buggy...

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Just to add last weekend I cleaned the internals but as I said the pc had been on for 4 days since (straight). Also I checked RAM and HDD and they all passed their repsective tests.

#3 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

Please look in the Device Manger and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks. also Please Download Speccy by Piriform

• Download and save Speccy from here. https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard
• Navigate to the directory in which you saved the ZIP file.
• Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
• Open up the extracted folder, right-click on Speccy64.exe (or Speccy.exe, if your system is 32-bit), and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
• After waiting a while, click File, then Publish Snapshot.
• Hit Yes to the Publish Snapshot dialog, then click Copy to Clipboard. Paste the URL in your next reply.

#4 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

Yellow exclamation marks I have one for a logitech keypad which is not used (transmitter is connected but the keypad has been off for quite a while.

Re speccy i saved all info as pdf.

Please find attached the URL.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IX2DWAV8Jlr4HhHraqsNPRo

Thanks

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

The bios is dated back to 2009. Please check to see if there is an updated version. Looking at all you have running on your computer I believe your PSU may be too small to handle it all. What do you have now? Name/Model and Watts?

#6 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

PSU is EVGA super nova 850W modular. 

#7 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

That should be plenty if it isn't faulty. I need to do some more research. I'm wondering if the GPU is incompatible with the motherboard. Did you check into updating the BIOS and drivers at the Gigabyte site?

#8 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Could you kindly debug the dump files and tell me which drivers caused the issue. I say such since PC has been running at its current configuration for about 2/3 years and in this period has had only 3 BSODs (this is the third). The first 1st one was caused by adguard clashing with avg. The 2nd one was caused by adguard again. This is the 3rd and need to know. I did format each time post BSOD so obviously there were changes in software and in all 3 cases I had different versions of windows 10.

Thanks

#9 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Ill check the bios tomorrow. Could be a gpu issue since in windows 10 the anniversary update i used to find loads of hardware errors (which never really caused any symptoms)? What does the minidump say pls?

#10 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

On stress testing the GPU it never crashes! So if it is a compatibility issue it seems to only rarely cause issues i would say. In reliability monitor I only have one error in 20 days (apart from the BSOD)

#11 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

I did, it just shows an incompatible driver which is why I asked you to check in the device manager and check with the Gigabyte site. Usually it has to do with graphics but not always and it isn't conclusive.

#12 Zurrieq

Zurrieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

ok ill update my geforce drivers if i get another BSOD (since it is quite rare on this pc). If it still occurs then ill update bios.

Thanks

#13 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

I've suggested these things to prevent another BSOD. Outdated drivers are the likely cause of your issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users