Edition: Windows 10 Education N
OS Build: 16299.19
I have been having this problem for quite some time now and it's driving nuts. No matter how many times I click the Check for updates button, still it always give me that error above.
Sometimes when I click the button, it displays an Update downloading and installing but it will quickly disappear and displays that error again.
Below are the steps that I have already taken trying to fix the problem. DID NOT WORK
- I tried changing the Time zone to Pacific time (This is what other forums have suggested.)
- I manually installed the latest Windows Defender virus definition from Microsoft's website. (Installed it multiple times and did manual restarts)
- I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter (Tried it multiple times and did manual restarts. It displayed that it fixed the problem saying that the root cause were the pending updates)
- I downloaded and installed Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 - January 2018 (KB890830) from Microsoft Update Catalog website (I installed it multiple time and performed manual restarts)
- Group policy setting for Windows Update is set to default
- I tried Manual and Automatic setting for Windows Update Services
There were no any weird or noticeable things or changes that happened nor I have observed before and after this problem has occurred. Obviously, I think I have already ran out of options to remedy this problem. I was hoping that someone could help me fix this problem.
Edited by n3wk1d, 24 January 2018 - 06:45 PM.