Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote desktop connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 donar

donar

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

hi guys both of my 2 computers are running the cheapest version of win 10 , basic , home ?? i live in Australia , i rent a server from contabo , germany and i am running 2 programs in this server. 

i need to check the output of these 2 programs a couple of times a day , they are what my customers see and the info must be right .

the win10 versions i have do not allow , remote desktop connections but until yesterday i was actually able to get into my server , now i cannot .

can anyone suggest a program i can buy / run to get me into my server.

so just to try and make it clear , i click the icon on my desktop of which of the two programs i want to view and the tables with the info in them should come up on the screen .

i know i can update my win10 version to ultimate ?? etc but that is not cheap to do, any help appreciated ,please , donar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

You most likely have Win10 Home.  The upgrade to Pro is generally not all that expensive.

What Version and Build number of Win10 are you running?  Hit the Windows Key and immediately type winver then hit Enter and you'll be presented with this information.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

All Windows 10 versions have the Windows Remote Desktop Client so you can connect to Windows Servers that include the Remote Desktop Server part.

Open the Remote Desktop client and try to connect to the server using its full name.

Edited by SleepyDude, 24 January 2018 - 06:49 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

I've got Win10 Home 64-bit and it has Remote Desktop Connection as one of the built in apps.

Edited by britechguy, 24 January 2018 - 09:47 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

or.....

Teamviewer

(free)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users