Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 starting and running slowly through VPN

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 migelito

migelito

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

I have some users at a remote shop site that connect to the main server via an appliance-based VPN (Juniper SRXs).  It is not uncommon for it to take several minutes just for their email to open.  Trying to save an attachment can also produce long delays.  I've got them running in cached mode.  I verified the Outlook data file is saved in the local appdata folder, not with their other "My Documents" files, which sync to the file server.  These are physical computers, not virtuals, and they should have plenty of bandwidth.  it's fiber 125/125 on the server side, and 325/25 through high speed cable internet on the remote side.  Internet runs fine, and our internet Outlook web access seems to run fine, at least compared to other web-based email.  I do think this is VPN related, because when i use outlook remotely from home, it doesn't use a VPN, but it accesses email through the web access.  I have no issues there.  These are also well spec'd machines used for running a CAD-like program all with discreet graphic cards and running windows 7 enterprise.  Any ideas?  i can provide more specific info if necessary.  

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users