Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win10 update disables me using dual monitors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dave851

dave851

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

I recently updated my windows 10 to the Fall Creators edition veresion 1709.  It was not without issues as I held off updating for as long as MS would let me because when ever it was updated, I could no longer use dual monitors (extended desktop mode).  And I also had some lag issues in PC games.  But the main issue was the dual desktop or monitor issue.  But the other day I could hold off the update no longer and this time when it updated I got an error code:0x80090016, something went wrong try rebooting.  Well to make a long story short it wouldnt accept my windows password so I was left with one option, a full restore.  Its been done but after all of this I still cannot run with two monitors operating.  Yes it will recognize both of them, just not at the same time.  If you boot up with one connected or the other connected, it will recognize them, but if both are connected ..only one is recognized, which ever is hooked up with the DVI connection (the other is using VGA connection).  I even purchased a new monitor - thinking perhaps its a driver issue as the monitor was an older Lenova model.  But that made no difference.  So I'd appreciate some hints or directiton on solving this.  I've  hunted for a solution even wonder if its a bios issue, but havent gone in there to "play around".

Thanks.   :bubbles:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

Have you tried updating your graphics driver? What GPU are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users