Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse doesnt move

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JackTheGamer

JackTheGamer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

I am having problems with my mouse, if I don't move it for longer than 5-10 seconds, it fails to respond to its next movement, and I have to shake it rapidly for it to notice.

Read this for info for answers.

1. Yes, the mouse does work

2. Tested mouse on multiple computers and laptops

3. Lights on mouse is still active during freezing state

4. Driver for mouse has been checked for updates, complete updated

5. Windows 10

6. Magic Eagle Gaming Mouse

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 January 2018 - 05:22 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'External hardware'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

is it wireless? did you change batteries?

#3 JackTheGamer

JackTheGamer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

The mouse is indeed wired, I dont even think they even made a wireless version of the mouse.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

Is this mouse plugged in to a USB port or a PS2 socket?

Some USB ports will turn off the power to the port to save power if they are inactive for a period of time.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png  and the X key to open the Quick Link Menu.

Select Device Manager.

Scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus controllers and click/tap on the chevron to expand the listings.

Double click on the first USB Root Hub, click/tap on the Power Management tab.  Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

You will want to do this with each USB Root Hub or until you find which hub the mouse is plugged into and set the Power Management for that specific USB port.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

If you have a newer computer there's usually at least one port that's constantly powered for charging phones overnight. Which ones are vary from one computer to another.

#6 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

It's a Havit HV-MSxxx (3 digits) and there are several different models.  Which model do you have?

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#7 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Hi, from your description of the problem, I suspect Dc3's post 4, would fix it. If not, it could be caused by an errant software filter, installed on your machine.

We can query this, go to search and type:- command prompt right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy all the text in the below cmd, then right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window and select "paste", the cmd will append to the prompt. Press enter, notepad will open, please copy paste it's contents here.

reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}" /s > 0 & notepad 0

#8 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

An easy test for both of you is to boot the PC into Safe Mode and see if the problem happens there, too.  If it does, 99+% of the time, it's a hardware problem.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

An easy test for both of you is to boot the PC into Safe Mode and see if the problem happens there, too.  If it does, 99+% of the time, it's a hardware problem.

The OP already tried the mouse on other computers where it ran without any problems.  As far as I'm concerned... test completed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users