Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.rar archive is stopped correctly opened

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RafaelaAssuncao

RafaelaAssuncao

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

All of my rar files are stored on computer. One of them became invalid after this message - CRC failed in the file name. The file is corrupt. In it, I store document, images and other info. I want to get my data back, any help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Do a repair of the rar file. There is a repair icon in the Winrar GUI. Click on the Repair icon and in the lower pane browse to the corrupt file.  If that fails sometime 7zip can open a corrupt rar file.

#3 ObelixKaralis

ObelixKaralis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Do a repair of the rar file. There is a repair icon in the Winrar GUI. Click on the Repair icon and in the lower pane browse to the corrupt file.  If that fails sometime 7zip can open a corrupt rar file.

If I have no idea what to do, then I usually apply powerful solution as download repair winrar files

You may like this one article - http://www.win-rar.com/faq.html?&L=0

Full guide here: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/can-repair-corrupt-rar-file/

You can try this:
1) Open the WinRAR application. Click on “File” and then “Open Archive” and browse to the damaged RAR file.
2) Press “Alt” + “R” on your keyboard. This will bring up the WinRAR repair dialog screen.
3) Designate an easy-to-find location in the “Folder to put the repaired archive” box.
4) Check the box that says, “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR.”
5) Press the “OK” button. Once it has finished repairing, a new archive will be built and placed in the location you designated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users