Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen broken, suddenly won't connect to outside screens

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raijax

Raijax

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hi, I hope I got the right topic for this... So my laptop screen has been busted for about a year but it would still connect just fine to my tv or desktop monitor either with an HDMI or VGA.
Well the other day my laptop died and when I went to turn it back on it turned on (the screen still lights up, just no picture) but it wouldn't connect to my tv or monitor. When I move the mouse the Lazer lights up so I know the comp is running, it just won't connect.i tried shutting it off for a couple days,tried both VGA and HDMI and multiple screens and nothing. When I plug it into my desktop monitor the monitor connects to it but goes into sleep mode automatically and won't come out of it.
Any help is much appreciated, thanks for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

some computers have a function key to toggle between internal or external monitors....hold down the function key and press the appropriate F key.....most of the time i think its function+F8...but may be different on your computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users